Securus Provides VoIP Solutions to Criminal Justice Customers
Securus Technologies, a provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring, announced today that 100 percent of all prison and jail customers have been converted to its VoIP Secure Calling Platform (SCP).
“We have by far the largest corrections calling VoIP platform in the world with the SCP, more products, the most efficient platform – a work of technology that cost us over $1 billion just the last eight (8) years to construct and to convert our prison and jail base of customers,” said Richard A. ("Rick") Smith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Securus Technologies.
“The reinvestment in our business shows our long term commitment to inmates, friends and family members, and our facility customers – we can deliver more products and services to them at the lowest cost and at the highest commission level – while doing that in a safe and secure way,” he continued.
Smith went on to explain that, after the company completed conversion with the Alaska Department of Corrections (DOC) project in 2015, customers that have been using the newer VoIP solutions have benefited greatly. He states the following as advantages that people have experienced after embracing the SCP VoIP Platform:
- Full software upgrade approximately once per quarter that provides additional products, enhancements, and services;
- Shorter mean time to repair on troubles because most problems can be resolved remotely (through software changes) instead of dispatching a field technician;
- The ability to provide lower rates to inmates and friends and family members because the technology is more efficient from both operating expense and capital expenditure perspectives;
- The ability to provide higher commissions to facilities because the technology is more efficient;
- Anywhere/anytime web-based facility customer access to key information and analysis through the S-Gate portal;
- 7 x 24 x 365 Real-time monitoring of all facilities by our Network Operations Center with trained/certified technicians that can find, diagnose, and fix most problems before our facility customer even knows that there is a problem.
There are certain lines of work where having reliable communication methods is imperative. In the criminal justice space, this is especially true. However, thanks to Securus Technologies and its VoIP solutions, communications should be much better for these organizations.
Edited by Maurice Nagle